Behind every successful event is a team that spends a lot of time on event planning and promotions. For people to get attracted and actually attend your event, successful execution and promotion are extremely important.
Irrespective of the kind of event you’re hosting; virtual, hybrid or in-person, a solid social media marketing strategy is non-negotiable in today’s time.
For virtual events, in fact, it gets all the more important to reach out to more and more people and engage with them in creative ways. So, if you have been looking for ways in which you can leverage the power of social media to create an event that makes a rather loud impact?
You got in the right place. Let’s get started.
Top Tips To Benefit From Social Media For Your Next Virtual Event
Connecting with your followers before, during and after the event, helps increase the value of your event and generate more interest. While leveraging social media for virtual events, the focus must be on generating engagement. Here are a few tips that you can leverage.
- Pre-event Activities: Create and share a mini-preview of the events, such as a teaser, live session with the speakers, Q&A with the audience, etc.
- Social Media Countdowns: You can create countdown clocks for social media platforms, which can not only generate interest but also keep the audience excited about the event.
- Event Pages: Create event pages on Facebook that have details about your event and everything that the audience can expect from it.
- Social Polls: Make your participants an active part of your event by asking them what they seek and expect from it.
- Post Pictures From Last Events: One of the most promising ways of generating interest and engagement is by posting pictures of your previous events. It will not just be awe-inspiring, but also attract them to attend your event.
The more you can get people to engage and share content, the greater will be your reach. When considering ideas for promoting your virtual event, employ strategies to encourage sharing content on social media, like:
- Contests: Run contests on social media platforms, asking people to submit their entries, which will make way for greater engagement.
- Networking: It is extremely important for you to create networking opportunities for your audience, helping them to form connections worldwide and with your speakers, chief guests, etc.
- Social Wall: Creating and showcasing a social wall for virtual event platforms and other marketing touchpoints will help ignite audience’s interest in sharing content, expanding reach, awareness about your event, generating excitement amongst people and ultimately greater ticket sales.
- Highlight Speakers: Highlight your speakers, entertainers, hosts, etc., via posts to shine a spotlight on them and ignite social media interactions.
- Ask Questions: Getting to know the thoughts of your audience about the event, and opening up a space for open communication can greatly alter their interest in your brand.
The sooner you can get people to sign up for your event, the better it is to ensure its success. Using a combination of creating urgency and generating excitement, works wonderfully to be able to gather more sales.
Some unique and creative ways to promote an event to encourage sign-ups include:
- Limited-time Discounts: Encourage sales by giving early bird or limited-period discounts to instil your audience with a fear of missing out, and compelling them to book themselves for your event.
- Testimonials: Share stories of people who have previously attended the event. Testimonials, reviews and feedback are a great way to let your audience know what to expect from your brand.
- Discussion notes: Share outlines of the discussions or activities that are going to be conducted in the event to create excitement around it and boat ticket sales.
- Paid Promotions: Social media platforms have powerful tools that help you target audiences. All that you need to do is, spend a little sum of your promotional budget to reach out to the right prospects.
- Behind-the-scene visuals: Consider giving people some behind-the-scenes visuals or information about what’s been put into the virtual event can potentially help in attracting their attention.
- Referrals: Share promo codes for referrals or register attendees into a contest if they are successful in getting a peer to buy tickets to the virtual event.
Let’s Call It a Wrap!
Social media has become the go-to place for everybody to know about businesses and in fact, make purchases.
Running social media promotions can help you reach out to global audiences, grab their attention and effectively boost the performance of your business.
If you found these strategies interesting and worth leveraging, now is your time to plan your next social media marketing strategy and then your virtual event is a success.